We strongly believe that all children in our community need a positive outlet to freely express themselves. Community Lodgings provides just that through our Boys’ and Girls’ Mentoring Program. In efforts to create a safe space for at-risk teens to learn and grow with the guidance of trusted adult role models, our Mentoring Program strives to:
- Develop mentees’ ability to analyze circumstances and make choices that will help them reach their personal goals.
- Expose the mentees to different experiences and people to increase awareness of the choices available.
- Build self-esteem to promote confidence in the mentees’ abilities to make responsible choices.
- Build trusting relationships
- Help mentees become engaged and responsible citizens through participating in community service work.
- Along with many other ways to give the mentees positive experiences with adults outside of their family, and help them create the life they want when they grow up.
These goals are met through a large variety of activities such as going to amusement parks, undertaking science experiments, exploring the mentees’ personal interests, and many more activities which help to foster growth and happiness in our youth.
The program meets once a week in our family learning centers to discuss a variety of topics. They are separated into two groups, for girls and boys, in a small group setting to foster a more connected environment. Aside from the weekly sessions, our outstanding volunteers take the mentees on field trips to places such as the nation’s capital building, Six Flags, Skyzone, and many other places to give them new and fun experiences which they may not have had otherwise and further broaden their horizons.
Our Youth Mentoring Program has been around for a little over a decade and is an integral part of our Youth Education Program at Community Lodgings. When we look at the smiles on our teens’ faces we are reminded why we love what we do and why what we do is so critical! If you would like to learn more and become a mentor, apply to volunteer today! Contact our volunteer coordinator, Kyle Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries.