Community Lodgings News
A Special Visit With Congressman Don Beyer
2022 Annual Holiday Store, Tuesday, December 13
The Weekender Program
A Look Into The Past
Fun Facts From 1987, The Year Community Lodgings Was Founded
Did you know?
- The average price for a gallon of gas was 85 cents.
- The average cost of rent was $385
- The International Year of Shelter for the Homeless was recognized by the United Nations
- A dozen eggs cost 65 cents.
- VHS tapes were only $3.49.
- The world population reached 5 billion people
We are currently seeking volunteers for the following opportunities. For volunteer inquiries, please email Kyle Hughes at email@example.com
Boys Mentoring/Girls Mentoring
Location: Community Lodgings Learning Centers
Time: Monday Evenings at 6:00 PM
Description: Our group-style youth mentoring program is for youth in grades 7-12. Mentors will work as a group alongside their fellow mentors to facilitate programming that fosters a safe and positive learning environment. Mentor duties include the following:
- Develop mentees’ ability to analyze circumstances and make choices that will help them reach their personal goals.
- Expose the mentees to different experiences and people to increase awareness of choices available.
- Build self-esteem to promote confidence in the mentees’ abilities to make responsible choices.
- Build trusting relationships.
- Help mentees become engaged and responsible citizens through participating in community service work.
Parenting Workshop Facilitator:
Time: Monday Evenings, 5pm or later
Description: We are currently seeking experienced volunteers to facilitate a 2-4 session parenting workshop for our Transitional Housing Program. Facilitators are asked to assist in mentoring our transitional housing residents in best practices for parenting, growing parenting skills, and how to best handle each unique situation. This can include some or all of the following;
- Behavior Management
- Decision Making
- Social Skills
- Social Emotional Development
- Parenting Styles
- Anger Management
- Developmental Skills
- Special Needs
- Other Relevant Topics
Social Media Intern/Volunteer:
Time: 15-20 hours per week
Location: Virtual (Note: the volunteer may occasionally be asked to be on-site to create content)
Description: We are currently looking for interns or volunteers to assist with daily, and weekly, social media tasks. This can include, yet is not limited to;
- Replying to comments on social media
- assisting with content development
- Liking/following/commenting on posts
- social media strategy implementation